The following blog post is brought to you by George Smiltins, Director of Weatherhead's Office of Student Experience (STEX). STEX is here to assist students with finding opportunities for experiences outside of the classroom that will complement the holistic learning environment of Weatherhead. Learn more.
It is time to let your voice be heard at Weatherhead! GBSA Executive Board Election season has commenced! This is a call for full-time WSOM grad students who will be returning next year to consider running for one of the 11 open GBSA board seats.
GBSA plays an important role in our continued growth and success as a school. Not only do they organize great events, such as the Weatherheadless Ball, Casino Night and Multicultural Festivals, they also facilitate the active community of student leaders who brought you a host of wonderful events this year. Moreover, GBSA provides a link between the students and the faculty and administration at the school. They create a collaborative, working relationship that helps shape programming and day-to-day life here in Peter B. Lewis and beyond.
There are many roles within the executive board and each specializes in an important area such as cultural events, academics and student activity finances. Or consider one of the newly created Program Representative positions designed to increase representation on the board from all WSOM classes.
● Executive Vice President
● Vice President of Academic Affairs
● Vice President of Marketing & Communications
● Vice President of Finance
● Vice President of Operations
● Vice President of Social & Cultural Activities
● Program Representative - MBA FT
● Program Representative - MSFI
● Program Representative - OR/SC
● Program Representative - MACC
● Full-time WSOM graduate student
● GPA of 3.0 or higher.
● Students must be in good standing (not subject of ongoing academic or other university investigation, or found responsible for any such violation).
● Students running for President and Executive Vice President MUST have at least TWO years of work
experience and be enrolled at Weatherhead for full upcoming academic year (Expected Graduation Spring 2019 or later)
Candidate platforms are due February 8th by 11:59 p.m. If you are interested in running or have more questions, reach out to George Smiltins, email@example.com and Wenlong Ma, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Best of luck!