July was a busy month for politics, and we had a front row seat here in Cleveland for the Republican National Convention. A lot of time during the RNC and DNC conventions was spent discussing the issues of the economy as well as immigration. Cleveland became the epicenter of national media coverage on these topics for one week, and our faculty experts at Weatherhead were there to provide their insights. Here are just a few of their contributions:
- Here's Why Donald Trump's Motto May Not Resonate With Cleveland's Economy
- Mark Sniderman, executive in residence and adjunct professor of economics, explained how the growing technology sector has helped Cleveland’s economy, despite jobs lost in manufacturing.
- What is the Economic Impact for Convention Host Cities?
- William Mahnic, associate professor of banking and finance, appeared on CCTV America to discuss the economic impact of conventions on their host cities.
- How Should U.S. Address the Immigration Issue?
- David Clingingsmith, PhD, the Lewis-Progressive Fellow and associate professor of economics, discussed the economic impact of immigration.
Learn more about our exceptional faculty at the Weatherhead School of Management website.