March 7, 2014

Spring break in Cleveland

Spring break is here!  If you have an adventurous trip planned to some warm location, I’m happy for you, really.  You’re getting a much deserved break from this weather.  Those of us who are staying in Cleveland might be the tiniest bit jealous but only a bit – there’s no shortage of fun things to do here.  When school resumes and everyone’s first question is, “what did you do over break?” you want to have a great answer, right?  With some extra time on your hands, you can go explore some of the things that make Cleveland a great place to be.

Start by browsing this page for amazing student deals.  If you haven’t been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you have to check it out.  Music lovers: give yourselves plenty of time to explore the museum; it’s a gold mine of rock and roll history.  I also highly recommend a trip to MOCA.  It’s right on campus and the building itself, inside and out, is a piece of art.  As I’ve mentioned before, Cleveland is so lucky to have Playhouse Square.  Intriguing upcoming shows that caught my eye: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and the murder mystery Deathtrap. Basketball fans get a bonus for spring break: the MAC Men's and Women’s Tournaments are in town.  And there’s the Cleveland Auto Show at the IX Center near Cleveland Hopkins Airport.  It’s well worth the drive if you have an eye for shiny new cars.  If you don’t feel like window shopping for a new car, maybe you’d enjoy a day trip to the outlet malls.  The closest are Lodi Station Outlets and Aurora Farms, but friends tell me Grove City is worth the trip.

Last but not least (though not technically part of spring break) is the St. Patrick’s Day parade:  If you don’t have afternoon classes on Monday, March 17th, don some green apparel and head downtown.  It will be crowded and it may be cold, but you’ll probably be having so much fun you won’t notice!  If the parade doesn’t fit your schedule or your style, at least wear some green.  Otherwise, watch out! According to tradition, friends are allowed to pinch you if you’re not wearing green.  So, with that in mind, you may want to pick up something green on your trip to the outlets.

--

I’m a Cleveland native who loves my city, and I am thrilled to be sharing it with you. I have my favorite haunts and activities, and I’m always learning about new places around town. The more I explore, the more I know that if I’m bored, it’s my own fault! I hope my experiences can help you discover your own favorite things about Cleveland.

1 comment:

  1. I really impressed from your site.. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It will always be exciting to read through content from other writers and use something from their websites. thanks.

    ReplyDelete